My Craft Shop is a marketplace where you can sell your handmade goods, vintage items and craft supplies directly to buyers around India. We want to make sure that you and your buyers have a positive experience on My Craft Shop. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a seller.
1. Selling Basics
Keeping in mind these basic requirements will set you up for success on My Craft Shop.
a. What can be sold on My Craft Shop
My Craft Shop is a unique marketplace. Buyers come here to purchase items that they might not find anywhere else. Everything listed for sale on My Craft Shop must be handmade, vintage or a craft supply.
Handmade items are items that are made and/or designed by you, the seller. If you sell handmade items, you agree that:
- All handmade items are made or designed by you. If you work with a production partner, you must disclose that production partner in your relevant listings.
- You accurately describe every person involved in the making of an item in your shop in your About section.
- You are using your own photographs or video content —not stock photos, artistic renderings, or photos used by other sellers or sites.
If you are selling personalised or made-to-order items in the Handmade category, you agree that:
- All listings are available for purchase at a set price.
- If you are using photographs of previous work with options for customisation (like colour choices) included in the listing, it is clear in your description that the photos shown are just examples.
Craft Supplies are tools, ingredients, or materials whose primary purpose is for use in the creation of an item or special occasion. Craft supplies may be handmade, commercial, or vintage. Party supplies may also be sold as craft supplies.
We encourage you to be transparent about how your craft supplies were made and where your materials come from. You can disclose whether your items have social or environmental attributes, such as organic or recycled.
b. What Cannot be Sold on My Craft Shop
Even if they otherwise meet our marketplace criteria, prohibited items, services, and items that violate our intellectual property policies are not allowed to be sold on My Craft Shop.
Reselling is not allowed in the handmade category on My Craft Shop. Reselling refers to listing an item as handmade when you were not involved in designing or making that item.
Keep in mind that members may flag listings that appear to violate our policies for My Craft Shop’s review. My Craft Shop may remove any listings that violate our policies. Note that listing fees are non-refundable. My Craft Shop may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations. You’ll still be on the hook to pay any outstanding fees on your My Craft Shop statement.
c. Managing your My Craft Shop’s Shop
Your shop represents you and your business to the My Craft Shop community. It’s important that you, your items and your shop are honestly and accurately represented.
By selling on My Craft Shop, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information in your About section.
- Honour your Shop Policies.
- Ensure your shop content, such as any text, photos or videos used to represent yourself, your shop or your listings, abide by My Craft Shop’spolicies, including our Anti-Discrimination policy.
- Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos.
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can report it to My Craft Shop.
- Not engage in fee avoidance.
- Not create duplicate shops or take any other action (such as manipulating clicks, baskets or sales) for the purpose of shilling, manipulating search or circumventing My Craft Shop’s policies.
- Not coordinate pricing with other sellers.
d. Seller Standards By listing a product for sale on My Craft Shop you understand and agree that you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations for the products you list for sale, including any required labels and warnings. My Craft Shop assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, labelling, or content of your listings.
Meeting Service Level Standards
As a seller, you must provide great customer service and maintain trust with your buyers.
This policy requires that sellers act fairly and honestly on My Craft Shop to ensure a safe buying and selling experience. All sellers must:
- Provide accurate information to My Craft Shop and our customers at all times
- Act fairly and not misuse My Craft Shop’s features or services
- Not attempt to damage or abuse another Seller, their listings or ratings
- Not attempt to influence customers’ ratings, feedback, and reviews
- Not send unsolicited or inappropriate communications
- Not contact customers except through Buyer-Seller Messaging
- Not attempt to circumvent the My Craft Shop sales process
- Not operate more than one selling account on My Craft Shop without a legitimate business need
By selling on My Craft Shop, you agree to:
- Honour your dispatch and processing times. Sellers are obligated to dispatch an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance. Please be aware that legal requirements for dispatch times vary by country. Read more in our Delivery Policy.
- Respond to Messages in a timely manner.
- Honour the commitments you make in your shop policies.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, My Craft Shop can help through our case system.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order.
e. Selling Fees
Sellers may be charged for using some of My Craft Shops Services. We take 10% of your order payment amount.
2. Being a Member of the My Craft Shop Community
At My Craft Shop, everyone is expected to treat fellow members of the My Craft Shop community with respect. As a seller, you have additional responsibilities to safeguard personal information and communicate promptly with buyers in order to provide a great customer experience.
a. Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of My Craft Shop, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like listings, Messages, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, harassing, or otherwise in violation of our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Obscene or vulgar;
- In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
b. Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
c. Communication Standards
With My Craft Shop Messages, you have the ability to communicate directly with your buyers or other My Craft Shop members. Messages are a great way for buyers to ask you questions about an item or an order.
Messages may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member or violating our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Interference Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on My Craft Shop. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via My Craft Shop Messages to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
- Maliciously clicking on a competitor’s Promoted Listings ads in order to drain that member’s advertising budget, also known as ‘click fraud’.
- Creating or using an independent buyer account to maliciously up-vote another shop’s negative reviews in order to position those reviews more prominently.
Harassment Any use of My Craft Shop Messages to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Messages may not be used to support or glorify hatred or otherwise violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy. If you receive a Message that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
ii. Forums and Teams
High level overview that Forums and Teams are public spaces provided by My Craft Shop where sellers can connect, but there are communication standards that must be followed..
iii. Communicating Cancellations
If you are unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer via My Craft Shop Messages and cancel the transaction. If the buyer already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. You are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises. All cancellations are subject to our Cancellation Policy.
The right of withdrawal may not apply to certain items like custom items or perishable goods.
Please be aware that in addition to this policy, each country has its own laws surrounding delivery, cancellations, returns and exchanges. Please familiarise yourself with the laws of your own country and those of your buyers’ countries.
3. Feedback, Disputes and Your Success
Reviews are a great way for you to build a reputation on My Craft Shop. Buyers can leave a review, including a one to five star rating and a photograph of their purchase, within 100 days after their item’s estimated delivery date. If an estimated delivery date is not available, the review window opens after the order’s processing time and delivery time have elapsed. Buyers can edit their review, including the photograph, any number of times during that 100 day period.
On the rare occasion you receive an unfavourable review, you can reach out to the buyer or, if the review is less than 3 stars, leave a response.
Reviews and your response to reviews may not:
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- Violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a delivery carrier, My Craft Shop or a third party;
- Contain threats or extortion;
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a shop’s review score; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
b. My Craft Shop’s Case System
The Case system is how order disputes are resolved at My Craft Shop. We ask buyers to contact sellers directly and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues before opening a case on My Craft Shop. For this reason, it is important that you fill out your shop policies and regularly respond to Messages from your buyers. However, sometimes a case may be necessary, and My Craft Shop will work with you and the buyer to resolve it as quickly as possible.
Buyers may file a case for a non-delivery or a not-as-described item. You must respond to any open cases within three days or the time frame noted by My Craft Shop in the case. My Craft Shop may request your assistance in resolving a case opened against your shop. My Craft Shop reserves the right to escalate a case early for circumstances such as seller inactivity, harassment, refusal of service, case manipulation, and undermining the integrity of the case system.
By using My Craft Shop’scase system, you understand that My Craft Shop may use your personal information for the purpose of resolving disputes with other members. If My Craft Shop determines that an item is not as described, you will be required to refund the order, including original postage and return postage.
c. Your Seller Account and My Craft Shop’sTerms
In order to keep My Craft Shop safe and improve our Services, we may take actions that limit the visibility of your shop, listings or ads, or that impact your payment account. In the event a shop sees unusual order activity, or we otherwise believe that your actions or shop may result in buyer disputes, chargebacks, increased risk of fraud, counterfeiting, or other claims, My Craft Shop may take actions such as limiting visibility of your account, or placing restrictions or reserves on your payments account, in accordance with our Terms of Service, including this Policy and our My Craft Shop Payments Policy. When appropriate and permitted by law, My Craft Shop will communicate information to the affected seller about the issue.
In the event a shop sees an unusual spike in orders, particularly in a high demand category, a shop may see an increase or decrease in its search ranking. Often, if a shop sees an increase in fulfilled orders and good reviews, this may result in higher visibility and search rank. However, sometimes a rapid increase in orders can reduce visibility.
In addition, we may limit the visibility of listings or ads in the interest of keeping My Craft Shop safe, and improving our Services. For example, listings or ads may have decreased visibility because they include terms that represent a prohibited item or based on third party policies. These listings or ads may also be restricted from appearing in one or more features of the My Craft Shop Services. While these listings or ads may have limited visibility, they are still discoverable in search.
If My Craft Shop has reason to believe you, Your Content, or your use of the Services violate our Terms, including this Seller Policy, we may deactivate Your Content or suspend or terminate your account (and any accounts My Craft Shop determines is related to your account) and your access to the Services. Generally, My Craft Shop will notify you that Your Content or account has been suspended or terminated, unless you’ve repeatedly violated our Terms or we have legal or regulatory reasons preventing us from notifying you.